Skip to main content

Meatloaf - the food not the group!

Today Hubby requested meatloaf for dinner.  Usually people just put a little of this and a little of that in their meatloaf then pop it into the oven. But next time YOUR hubby requests meatloaf, give this recipe a try.

Many years ago my sister-in-law, Linda, gave me a cookbook with the best meatloaf recipe ever! Truthfully, I think two things make an outstanding meatloaf: good quality hamburger and horseradish. 

Marvelous Meat Loaf
1 cup bread crumbs
2 T wheat germ
1/3 cup minced onions
1 T minced green pepper
1 egg, slightly beaten
1pound ground beef
1T horseradish
1 1/4 t garlic salt
1/2 t dry mustard
2T milk
2T ketchup
Mix well, shape meat into loaf and put in shallow baking pan. Spread to with 1/4 cup ketchup Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees.

Usually I have baked potatoes with this but today we're having pasta salad and asparagus. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Wow, that sounds great! I'll bet I could even use low fat ground beef and make it heart healthy....my new goal in life. I'll try it and let you know...love the wheat germ, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment