Skip to main content

Knitting update

For over a year I've been searching for gold yarn. Finally, Vanna was successful where my beloved LYS failed me. While walking down the aisle of Michael's, shining up at me was a lovely skein of Loin Brand Vanna's Glamour in taupe. The hat turned out quite nice and I can't wait to see Brynna wearing it. This pattern is a keeper, and although I love the pink, a future hat will be knit in a royal purple for the next prince or princess that makes an appearance!
Princess Brynna's Crown Hat
Pattern: Princess Crown by Alison Stewart-Guinee
Yarn:Plymouth Yarn Dreambaby DK Solid, pink
         Loin Brand Vanna's Glamour, taupe
Needle size: US 4 and 5

I also completed the pair of socks I started on the plane.
In the pink socks
Pattern: Donna's Easy Sock Pattern
Yarn: Paton's Kroy Socks Stripe
Needle size: US 2

This sock craziness has got to stop, I've also started two more pairs but have completed only one in each yarn just because I wanted to see how each would knit up! One pair I hope to wear for St. Paddy's Day. Perhaps it is a good thing that spring is coming - my sock drawer has certainly filled up since Christmas!

Comments

Post a Comment