Skip to main content

The first day of Spring!

After a very cold and snowy winter it's nice to see the sun shining on our first day of spring!  Although this is the time of year that all Montanans know in their hearts there will be at least one more snowstorm, we also know that the worst is over. We begin to bring home plants for our gardens and decks, knowing in our hearts that it is to early. Just looking at them on our dining table or in a corner of the living room makes us joyous.
 I bought a new hibiscus yesterday. It's the same type as my hibiscus Mom had given me years ago but it has a solid braided trunk. I'm hoping I'll have it for many years.
 Hubby was looking for a new thermostat for the furnace and instead of going straight to a hardware store, he was sure that he could find what he needed at HIS favorite store - Costco. He was wrong and so we went to his second favorite store, Sam's Club. Still no luck, he was wrong. Finally, still not wanting to go to the hardware store, he found success at Walmart. So while he was searching for something to keep us warm at night, I was successfully managing to pickup sure signs of spring!

We are especially looking forward to Easter this year, everyone will be home for the festivities. The gurls and I are going to try a new way to dye eggs, and we'll spend some time making sundress for the little gurls. I've also started knitting little sweaters to go over the sundresses should that snowstorm decide to make its appearance Easter weekend.
Pattern: Kina
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Dreambaby D.K.
Needles: size 4

Comments