Skip to main content

Vacation from blogging is over!

Just can't wait to share photos and good times from my vacation but first I have to get caught up and back in the swing of things.

Tomorrow I'm excited to begin teaching a class for fellow teachers entitled "Math Through Knitting". Before I left two weeks ago, I wrote a reminder to all teachers taking the class, however, today when one of the gals came to me, so excited and wanting to show me her supplies, it was replaced by a shocked look on her face when I said, "Oh, does that start tomorrow?" I must admit I am still "hanging loose"! Tonight I have had to pull everything together, E Zimmerman books, different needles and yarns to share, a sample of their beginning project, yada yada. Thank goodness I had the class all planned and the handouts ready to go!

One BIG surprise upon my return was this email:
Good morning.
 
I am a member of the Addison (VT) Historical Society, and
live in home constructed by Dr. Prentiss Dana Cheney here 
in Addison in 1833.  You may know that Dr. Cheney was a 
physician here in Addison.  Dr. Cheney's life and home is 
the subject of the Historical Society's February 
meeting.
 
Any information you can provide would be appreciated.  I 
have included a recent photo for your curiosity. 
Do you have any information about Dr. Cheney's role, if any, 
in the War of 1812.  I have found some references to his 
having fought at the battle of Plattsburgh aka Lake 
Champlain, but no confirmation from federal military 
archives.
The good DR. was my Great-great-great-grandfather! I 
NEVER imagined that his home would still be standing. WOW! 
I think a trip is in order!

Comments

  1. Math through Knitting? I'd be interested in hearing about that? Perhaps a brief blog post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any information to share with the Historical Society?
    Cannot wait to see your holiday photos!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! How fun to have a current picture! I wonder what (if any) information they have that you may not have. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment