Skip to main content

Ahhh! Grandma/Grandpa...it all becomes clear.

The Tiger Thanksgiving 2010
Ever since The Tiger started to talk he's been confused just what to call Hubby and I. He knows we're Grandpa or Grandma but can't seem to get the name attached to the correct person.  Or so I thought...
  The Grandma Test
     I walked down by the Lake to the swing with my Grandson, Ian.  He picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in his mouth. I took the item away from him and asked him not to do that. 
     "Why?" my Grandson asked. 
     "Because it's been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, and probably has germs," I replied. 
     At this point, my Grandson looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Grandma, how do you know all this stuff??  You are so smart." 
     I was thinking quickly and said to him,  "All Grandmas know stuff.  It's on the Grandma Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Grandma."
     We swung in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but he was evidently pondering this new information.
     "Oh....I get it!"  he beamed,  "So if you don't pass the test, you have to be the Grandpa." 
     "Exactly," I replied with a big smile on my face.

Comments

Post a Comment