Skip to main content

WooHoo!!!

Let's start celebrating..........................
Sam's Christmas Sweater 2010
Joe's Christmas Sweater 2010     
The last of the Christmas sweaters are complete! I'm blocking them now and they will soon be in the mail and then under a tree.

Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby with a Western Sea by A&J Starmore flair
Yarn: Cascade 220 in Ecru
          Plymouth Classic Wool in Denim
Needle Sizes: US size 6, US size 8

What can I say…I LOVE this pattern! This time I’ve added a Gansey pattern from A&J Starmore’s book The Children’s Collection (The pattern is: Western Seas). I began with a tunic bottom, knit the lower border pattern from the Starmore pattern rather than ribbing and then attached the front and back of the body adding the charted pattern points in the round.

When knitting the sleeves, I knit 4 inches short of attaching the sleeve to the body and then repeated the Gansey pattern.

At the neck opening, I did not garter stitch in the center front as written in the Wallaby pattern but continued to decrease at the sleeve markers to the designated stitches to begin the neck opening. At that point I increased 7 stitches in the center front (knit 1, inc in same stitch), split them evenly with the new stitches to the back and began knitting in rows. (Using the neck opening stitch pattern of the Starmore pattern) When I got to the neck on the smaller sweater:
1. I increased every other stitch of the ribbing in the last row. (Purl one, increase one, knit one, purl one, increase one, etc.)
At the neck of the larger sweater:
1. I increased every stitch of the ribbing in the last row.
And then I knit the collar as described in the pattern.

Let the "devil-may-care" knitting begin! For the rest of the winter I will follow my bliss; knitting anything I care to and trying any new technique that intrigues me.  There is always charity knitting to provide an owner.  Hmmm...to ravelry, and to all a good night!

Comments