Skip to main content

Christmas tree hunts of the past.

The weekend that is right in the middle between Thanksgiving and Christmas was a very special one when I was a girl. It was a holiday in my eyes. That weekend my family, my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins would get together and go Christmas tree hunting. My uncle, who was a realtor, often bought and sold land but he had a special soft spot for and old over grown strawberry farm on the Peninsula of Washington and he hung on to that property for many years. This piece of land was his declared "Best Christmas Tree Grounds Ever."
"Little" Auntie Florence, Bill, Kit, Mary, Bob, Uncle Fred, Aunt Merab, Mom, Aunt Kit, and me
My family would wake up and take the ferry from our home in Seattle and across the Puget Sound to the Peninsula. One year I dug a small tree and decorated it for my bedroom. When Christmas was over my mother planted the tree in the front yard and the last time I visited the house it was a mature tree many feet high!!
Uncle Fred, ?, Bill, Kit, Mom, Mike, Auntie, Front row: Mary Judy, back of Steve's head, Bob
Bob (Sam the dog), Uncle Fred, Kit holding Mike, Mary, Judy, Bill, Auntie, Gramma Murphy, Steve in front
After the hunt we would return to my aunt and uncle's house, have chili and cinnamon rolls, then turn on the tv and watch The Wizard of Oz - man the flying monkeys were scary!

Comments

  1. Your "memories" posts are my favorites. I just love reading about your childhood!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment