Skip to main content

Charity blanket number one complete.

Baby Boy's Charity Blanket
Pattern: Moderne Baby Blanket by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Red Heart worsted
Color: Eggshell, Bisque, Rose Brown, and True Teal
Amount: Two skeins each color
Needle Size: US size 8

Recently Karen F., a former coworker, called to say said she had many skeins of yarn at her house and wondered if I could use them for my knitting class at school. I arrived at her doorstep to find a box of Red Heart Yarn. The full skeins of yarn were in lovely colors so rather than give the yarn away, I decided to do a little charity knitting and use the yarn for this blanket. 
  
I do prefer knitting with Cascade 220, a lovely wool yarn, but I live by the by saying, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Besides, there were many years I only had Red Heart to knit with.  When you love to knit, a person will knit with whatever is available! I understand that there is a growing group of knitters who knit with yarn from recycled wool sweaters! I am so lucky to have discovered our local yarn store, Wild Purls!

The blanket took sometime to complete because I vowed to knit on the blanket only during my lunch hour at school, however, in November I broke my vow when we went to the Griz/Bobcat game. I thought the roads were going to be dicey and indeed the were. We slid all the way up and back on icy/snowy roads. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to follow a pattern AND watch the roads so I gathered up this garter stitch baby blanket from school and knit all 6 hours to Missoula!  I knit like a maniac and it kept Hubby happy because I co-piloted very little! 

 I love the i chord binding around the blanket! I will use that method again!

So, although this blanket is complete, I've started a new one with pink instead of teal. This should keep me happy and out of trouble for many a future lunch hour!



Comments

  1. It's a very cute blanket. And those icy roads sound so scary! I would've been a nervous wreck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment