Skip to main content

I've been busy!

It's a good thing that I cleared out all the UFO's (unfinished objects) before school started because once again there is a basketful under the family room table! I've put Chloe A-Little-Bit's Irish knit sweater on hold. By the time got to the armholes it was obvious that the sweater was to large. I finished the back of the sweater, put it aside, and will finish it after Christmas. It will be among my stash of completed items until my little grandgirl grows a bit more.

This created an immediate problem. What to knit that would provide the little gal with a cute sweater but wouldn't cause the Gram to much stress. (I like to have all Christmas gifts done by Thanksgiving) Any knitter knows this means a visit to Ravelry's pattern section. The tiny tea leaves cardi looked like a cute and fast knit. The pattern was bought, the color and yarn discussed, and finally the sweater was put on the needles:
Tiny Tea Leaves Cardi
I wish I hadn't gotten such a solid colorway - however, what little girl doesn't love purple?

One of my coworkers had asked if I'd knit a sweater for a soon to be born nephew. I love the Telemark and knit it up over the weekend. She loved it!
Telemark
Pattern: Telemark
Yarn: Plymouth Encore
Colorway: Ruby Tweed
Amount: 2 Skeins
Needles: US 5

Recently a former coworker called and said that she had come across over twenty five skeins of yarn and wondered if I'd like to have them. Does a turkey have feathers? Certainly I wanted the yarn. I couldn't - wouldn't - turn her down! At first thought I would use it for my knitting class. But then I saw the colors and thought The Chick might like the skeins. Finally, I couldn't stand it and began knitting a charity baby blanket. Only on lunch hour -  at school, you understand.
Moderne Baby Blanket
Pattern: Moderne Baby Blanket by KY Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Red Heart Acrylic
Colorway: Soft White, Beige, Brown, Blue
Amount: 2 skeins of each colorway
Needle Size: US 8

And The Pirate has been busy too.  Not only has he lost another tooth but he's been working on getting the new ones grown in.
The Toothless Pirate!

Comments