Skip to main content

Babies! Oh, Babies!

Next weekend I will be attending a double baby shower for two sisters. When Julie and Trish were little they lived next door, and I'm also Trish's Godmother. Trish and her hubby know that the baby will be a boy so I've made this little top down sweater and brown bunny. I added a hat to the bunny because he will be living in Colorado and needs to be warm!
Pattern: Norse Pullover by McCall Pattern Company
Size: 3
Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool
Colorway:Turquoise, Beige, Navy
Needle size: US 9
Pattern: One Skein Bunny by Deb Richey
Yarn: Red Heart Plush
Colorway: Chocolate
Needle Size: G

If I were to make this little bunny again, I would double this yarn. I can see the stuffing in some places but I do like the soft, nubby texture.

I love making little baby things and now that I've started it seems I'm having difficulty stopping. I found this pattern for booties and had to try them. There are several variations of this pattern and I like a combination of them all. There is one variation that has three sizes - a real bonus - add the one piece variation - not cutting the yarn and then having to work them in later- and this pattern is a real winner!
I’ve used bits and pieces of wool yarn that I have in my stash and prefer the variegated colorways! There is an unfinished bootie in the front ready to be seamed to show just how truly silly they look!
Pattern: Oh, Baby! Baby Booties
Yarn: Paton Classic Wool
Colorway: Rosewood, Forest
Yarn: Dale of Norway/ Delgarn Heilo
Colorway: Tartan Green
Needle Size: US 5

Comments

  1. Those are CUTE booties!! I really do like the variegated ones too. I will need to try that pattern soon. The bunnies are wonderful too! Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunny is darling and, of course, the sweater is beautiful. Hope to see you on Fri., or is there a Griz game?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment