Skip to main content

Summer Concert 2010

It has been a trial to get to a concert this year. It was on my summer wish list of things to do. We were going to a concert the day of the tornado (it was canceled, naturally - so to speak). We had bought Simon and Garfunkel tickets for July, but Simon (or was it Garfunkel?) had a sore throat and canceled. Then it was announced that John Mellencamp and Bob Dylan would be in town on August 11th. I bought the 98 and 99th ticket! I've been looking forward to this ever since.

The weather has been "iffy", we haven't had one 100 degree day all summer, it's been clouding up and raining in the afternoons, in fact we're two and a half inches above average. Yesterday the forecast was sunny with thunderstorms just when the outdoor concert was to take place. Hmmm, the high 80's and then a storm, how to dress? I decided to go with my new concert duds, a stellar halter top and jeans - no rain gear! It worked! Only a drop or two of rain fell.

John Mellencamp's concert was near perfect - the only thing missing was Jack and Diane!
Bob Dylan was definitely a must see, just because he's such a legend. I'm glad to say that I was there but I'm not his number one fan....

Good times!

Comments

  1. Sounds like fun, so glad you we able to break your summer concert curse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment