Skip to main content

I must keep kitties happy!

The last few days have been spent slipcovering a footstool for the Tella Tubby. I love my kitties and not only do they think they need to be in our bed at night, but I need to have them there to keep my feet warm. The Tella Tubby, just a little over weight, needs assistance if she is going to end up in our high brass bed. The old footstool worked fine with a beige duvet cover that had been on the bed but I've been busy this summer cleaning and updating each room and the footstool just didn't match the new striped blue, brown and gold bedspread.
I've never slipcovered anything but I did watch my mom cover many things. Today, as I stitched each stitch I would remember Mom working on her projects and visualize how she would have done the cording, corners, and tucks. It brought a smile to my face realizing how much I had learned by watching and asking an occasional question!

I always love opening up the desk holding Mom's old sewing machine. The first time I did after she died, I heard her tell me, "Pull the bar out before you drop the desk top." It was so clear that I jumped and looked over my shoulder!
It had been her Aunt Kit's, a 1950's model.
The finished project:
 
This was a fun project and I would like to find a simple chair to work on next!

I also finished Sadie Lou Who's sweater today:
Wonderful Wallaby
Cascade Yarn, ecru - 4 skeins
Paton's accent yarn, rosewood - 1 skein

Now, on to the needle felting of mittens!

Comments

  1. The cover turned out great! And what a wonderful heirloom to have in your family (the sewing machine, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you may remember, I too own one of the classic Singer Featherweights. I wouldn't trade it for the world! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment