Skip to main content

I made a list, now I'm checking it twice.

Sadly, my vacation is drawing to a close. Tomorrow it's back to reading, writing, and arithmetic. In June I made a list of the things I wanted to accomplish during my break:

My Summer To Do List...
Sit on the deck sipping hot coffee, watching the sunrise. (Yes!)
Go to a great concert. (Yes! John Mellencamp)
Find the best "Pick Of The Summer" book - EVER. (Not sure the EVER thing worked out but The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo turned out to be the pick of the summer)
Get the computer room closet cleaned out. (A BIG yes!)
Go skinny dipping. (Hmmmmm...)
Sew wool Teddy Bears for all my kiddos. (Maybe next year)
Spend some great quality time with my kiddos. (Yes)
Visit Yellowstone Park. (No)
Knit a Pi Shawl in honor of Elizabeth Zimmermann's 100th birthday. (8-9-10) (Yes)
Spend a long weekend on Flathead Lake. (Yes)
Turn my blog into a hardbound book. (I vow, before Labor Day)
Plan the perfect day for Hubby, from morning to night. (I think so, not sure how he feels about it.)
Go to a drive-in-movie. (I forgot about this "to do" item - No)
Sit on the deck sipping margaritas, watching the sunset. (Yes, not the amount intended but it was a cool and rainy summer)

Not on the list but a task I'm very proud of - I tossed 15 years of accumulated junk out of the house and feel so much better! 
 A summer to be proud of!!

Comments

  1. Happy First Day of School! I, for one, am a happy student now that school has started again, hopefully your little ones feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the looks of your list, you had a VERY productive summer. I can not wait to see your blog in book form!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment