Skip to main content

Happy 100th Birthday Elizabeth Zimmerman!

Today is Elizabeth Zimmerman's 100th birthday! For anyone that doesn't know who Elizabeth was, she is well known in knitting circles. She said she never invented anything having to do with knitting but felt that she just reworked tried and true techniques in knitting and called it "uninventing".

8-9-10 was a great date for her birthday, she was a whiz at numbers and worked out a percentage method for knitting any sweater. She also created a sweater that is a crazy knit. The Baby Surprise Sweater is knit flat and must be folded like origami to form the sweater sleeves and body!
I LOVE knitting the Tomten sweater and the kiddos have looked so cute in them - with or without hoods, buttons of zippers! From doll size to kid size these are great little sweaters!
I just recently tried a pair of knit pants from a pattern EZ had in the Knitting Almanac. They were easy and will keep the little guy who wears them very warm!
Elizabeth's February Baby Sweater has been modified into a ladies sweater.
This is one of my favorite sweaters and I always get a compliment or two when I wear it!

I had planned on having the Pi shawl finished for EZ’s birthday but the grandkiddos have been here for three weeks and I just can’t knit with the Unspun Icelandic Yarn while they are here cuddling- it keeps breaking every few yarns, it’s so-o-o-o fragile!
I am the boss of my knitting and loving it.
Elizabeth, I hope you are happily knitting wherever you are!

Comments

  1. The Pi Shawl is looking good!

    I've only knit the February Lady Sweater but I have the pattern for the Baby Surprise Jacket all ready and waiting to be knit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment