Skip to main content

No complaining, life is good!

I've been quietly working on another Wallaby. I enjoyed knitting the last striped baby sweater. There was plenty of the orange variegated left so I made another for a little girl that didn't receive one last Christmas. Yet another version of the Wallaby is on the needles right now!
 
Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby - this one has a  pocket
Yarn: Plymouth Encore
Color: Ecru, Orange variegated
Amount: 3 skeins Ecru, 1 skein Orange
Needles: 8 US (even on the ribbing)

The summer is slip, slipping away. I'm enjoying it so much, I don't even know what day it is! The turkeys also think they have it made, enjoying a walk-about, and shade from the warm sunshine....
I received my unspun Icelandic yarn from Schoolhouse Press yesterday and will start the Pi Shawl in memory of EZ's 100th birthday on July 1st. I bought the yarn on brooklyntweed's recommendation, it seems a little fragile but how can I go wrong with those two knitting forces behind me?  It is going to be a throw for in the livingroom. Jared suggests 6 cakes to make a queen size throw, I bought 4 hoping to get a nice wrap for a cold winter's night.
 I want to have it done 8 - 9 - 10! I don't think it will be a problem, Elizabeth recommends the Pi Shawl for traveling and we have several short jaunts planned in the month of July. It is amazing what can be accomplished in the passenger seat of a car!

Comments

  1. Good luck with your shawl! That wool looks great. I haven't yet attempted a knitted shawl but with EZ, can you really go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wallaby! Can't wait to see the shawl. Did you talk Dad into doing a "short jaunt" in our direction or do we have to wait until the end of the month to see you?

    Isaac thought he saw Grampa driving the other day (the truck looked like his). He also saw a house in the neighborhood the other day and thought it was yours (maybe his wishful thinking after the tornado hit--throw your house closer to us). Gramma--your not in Montana anymore :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment