Skip to main content

Charity Knitting

It was so nice to get caught up with all the ladies at Charity Knitting, Jo and I love them so. The ladies had knit many lovely things over the winter, from stuffed toys to sweaters. The items are headed to the local Woman's Shelter. I had a hat that I added to the pile but wanted to save the leggings until the sweater was complete. I finished it last night and will add a hat and mittens to it before I donate the set.
I have a self imposed rule that all Charity Knitting must be made of stash yarn and be a project, that when finished, is pleasing to the eye. I think it turned out well. Next week I will make the hat with earflaps using the striped pattern and the mittens will be in the sapphire color.

The sweater pattern is from a cardigan pattern, knit from the collar down, all in one piece. I have made many cardigan sweaters from this pattern. But last summer one of our charity knitters had said that she would like a pullover sweater pattern, knit with a collar knit from the collar down. I found a small size pattern, the Telemark, but not a larger size. I knit this using the Tasia pattern from Cabin Fever but did not add the five placket stitches on either side after completing the collar and beginning the body. The pattern is written in the sizes 6-12 months, 1-2 years, and 3-4 years. It worked out quite nicely and I'll do it again. Janet was pleased and, I think, perhaps the ladies will also make the modifications in the future.

Pattern: Self made pullover version of Tasia's Cardigan by Cabin Fever
Yarn: Cascade 220, wool
Color: Montmartre, Sapphire, Navy, and Straw Heathers
Amount: Stash
Needle size: 7 US

For this week's knitting: One of Hubby's fellow employee's had a baby boy recently and so I bought some yarn to make a sweater. It is a Wallaby without the pocket because what baby less then a year old needs a pocket? I saw this pattern in a stripe and the yarn making the stripe was variegated. I loved it and decided to give it a try. I like the results so far!
Today, I must get the hallway walls washed and the lodge pole pine bedroom closet cleaned out before knitting any more!

Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby - no pocket
Yarn: Plymouth Encore
Color: Ecru, Orange variegated
Amount: 2 skeins Ecru, 1 skein Orange
Needles: 6 and 8 US

Comments

  1. I think you just inspired me with all of your recent knitting. It is a cool and rainy day and I think my goal--to be completed by the end of the day--getting the handles done on the purse. I think I can, I think I can....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment