Skip to main content

Back to adventure knitting, again.

I have an Aran Sweater that is just begging to be finished, but I've wanted to do some mindless knitting these last few weeks. I knit four pairs of mittens that will be felted and then I'll add needle felting, when the spirit moves me.

But I'm excited about the pair of Elizabeth Zimmerman leggings I just finished. I've never knit a pair of pants before. They were not difficult and even fun to do with EZ's instructions, "Knit 20 rounds or until long enough." I love it, basically she tells us, "Do what you want, for as long as you want to!"

The leggings, I decided, were a great start to the Charity Knitting Group that I will be returning to on Wednesday!
These little pants will be sent to a toddler that will fill them out - even though they are a little long and narrow. I think that EZ was including some depth between the waist and crotch for those cloth diapers! (Do they use cloth or disposables in Afghanistan? Probably cloth...)  I definitely will make these leggings again but will shorten them 2 inches. (Because I want to!) They are about a size 24 months and so I will begin a striped pullover sweater to match tomorrow.

Pattern: Baby Leggings,
             Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Heathers
Color: Montmartre
Amount: Less that 2 skeins
Needle size: 7 US

Comments

  1. Four pairs of mittens? Wow, it must the freedom you start to feel when the end of the school year rolls around :) And those wooly little leggings sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment