Skip to main content

A quick and yummy meal.

I think that Jo gave me this recipe after a large Thanksgiving turkey with plenty of family to feed. I like to fix this after a night of hubby's cooking - one Costco rotisserie chicken! Because it is just the two of us, I now make half a recipe in a 9x9 pan.

This is the original full recipe:

Easy Chicken Divine
2 10 ounce packages of frozen broccoli
2 cups cooked chicken or turkey (chunks)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
(I also add 11/2  cup cooked rice to the bottom layer of the pan)

This recipe works fine without using exact proportions - I often use more broccoli and chicken depending on how many servings I need.

Thaw broccoli in microwave and drain off any liquid. Grease a 13x9 pan. Layer thawed broccoli in bottom of dish. Top with chopped chicken or turkey. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Pour over meat. May top with cheese and bread crumbs through I most often top with crushed potatochips or toasted slivered almonds.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes until heated through and bubbly.

Comments