Skip to main content

My knitting secrets exposed.

When the kiddos were coming last week, I put my current knitting project away. It's a Christmas sweater for one of the darlings and at this point looks very much like a sweater. I need to finish sewing it together, then knit the neck ribbing and front button plackets. I'm always knitting, and so it isn't unusual for the grandkids to hear the needles clicking away on one project or another, but I didn't want them to think that I was working on their sweaters. So, I put the cardigan away and started Aran sweater number two. I thought I was safe...
Only the ribbing was under way for the back when they arrived, but the first thing each of them asked me was if the item was a sweater for them.  When I said no, the Tiger didn't miss a beat but went on to ask me to knit another Wallaby - "...with a hood, but the pockets NOT in one piece but separate and a zipper down the front!"

All of this infomation from a kiddo that can't get our names straight! This time I'M Grandpa and so is Grandpa! Remember - until this trip Hubby has been Gramma (Me too) but not this trip! Trying to get it straightened out, we explained that Hubby was DD's Dad and I was DD's Mom so perhaps we could be called GrandDAD and GrandMOM - Tiger tried, and I could see him mouthing the words from time to time trying so hard to keep it straight. Monday night while I rocked Tiger and the two of us were talking, he told me pointing to Hubby, "That's GrandDAD." VICTORY! I thought. Then he added, "BUT who are you????"

Current status of the second Aran sweater:
The back is done, and the front is to the armholes!

Comments

  1. and I want a Wallaby with the pouch pocket using an off white yarn striped with a variegated. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment