Skip to main content

Another baby gift.

I've been knitting on a baby shower gift for Callie, a fellow teacher, who is going to have her first child the end of June. Callie also works at the county fairgrounds in the summer, apparently her job is to register "all the little old ladies who knit and crochet but can't even start a computer!"  She doesn't know that I'm knitting her baby a gift or that I even knit! I just shake my head when I hear people generalize so. We knitters are really styling these days - we've come a long way baby!
I fell in love with the buttery color of this yarn. I think that this momma will probably only use the blanket while the baby is tiny. The fact that is acrylic yarn is wonderful, summers here are very warm and the blanket will probably be used for night sleeping only. (Interesting how the current rage is to dress babies like grownups and not for comfort!)

Pattern: Baby Chalice Blanket by Lykkefanten
Yarn: Bernat Satin Soft
Amount: 3 skeins
Needle size: 8 US

Comments

  1. I like the pattern of this. I've been doing a lot of baby knitting lately and the one thing I don't like is that patterns for baby blankets tend to come out so small. I don't want a baby getting tangled in their blanket but I would hate for a beautiful blanket like this one to go into a drawer after only a bit of use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment