Skip to main content

Spring break...

I'd been feeling lost since the finishing of the UFO sweater. Treading water for a week, wanting to start on the half dozen annual Christmas Sweaters that I knit each year but not having the yarn. To keep myself busy, I found a vintage baby hat pattern and did a little needle experimentation, my original thought was that it would be a small gift to a friend. It is a lovely pattern but the fingering yarn called for should have been lace yarn. So the "small" gift turned into a rather large hat and not a gift at all, only a great experiment in Amish knitting.

Then, I received a phone call from Julia, friend and owner of the LYS. Julia told me that my order of Encore yarn had arrived. After school I went to our Friday night knitting group, also picking up the yarn. Then off for a lovely dinner and shopping with Daughter Number Three before picking up Daughter Number Two at the airport.  The next morning I pulled out the yarn and showed D#2 the sweater pattern that I wanted to start. She gave me the go ahead and I was off... I 'd forgotten how I do love a good Irish knit pattern!
Although Irish knit sweaters are knit in wool, these two sweaters will go through the washer and dryer multiple times and will last longer because they are knit in Encore yarn! Wool in California is just to much for everyday wear.

I’ve knit from this Paton pattern book several times in the past and love the clear directions.

Comments