Skip to main content

Hello Baby!

I knit two fast projects today for a friend's baby. The first is a bunny hat and the other is called a "cocoon". If this little baby boy is anything like D#3 when she was a newborn, it will be in constant use. As a brand new baby D#3 would think she was "free falling" unless she swaddled as tight as could be!
 (Edit 4-3-10...baby's here and a much better model than the old doll!)

The baby won't arrive for another week or two so I thought I'd put it on a doll that was my mother's when she was young.
Yarn: Stashed Red Heart
Patterns: Bunny Beanie by Noe Knit
               Laurel Love Cocoon

The baby doll doesn't show off the cocoon well... but she does show off the dress that my mother-in -law made as a baptismal dress for my husband. I don't know if they used it or if it was a dream dress for the girl they never had...
Hubby is the third son in the family. Had he been a girl he would have been named Carol (a tie to being born in December and Christmas Carols.)

The doll was made by Horsman Doll Co. and has the old mark: E. I. H. CO. INC. on her neck.  She is an 18" baby dimples doll, made in both composition/cloth. She is from the 1920's.

PS. Colton Robert was born on March 15th at 12:38 in the morning! My knitting vibes weren't off at all!

Comments