Skip to main content

“My boot lace broke...Can I start over?”

Okay, I realize that I was whining about my knitting the other day. It didn’t look like I could possibly complete my Olympic knitting event. We all know the Olympics are for big girls, gals that know they are up for the struggle and still willing to give it their all. But I was behind – it was like missing a jump because my bootlace was broken during Olympic competition. To be truthful, the laces should have been checked and replaced before the skating event began, and I should have been realistic about my knitting. I do have a full time job and a life besides knitting (sort of).

But just as Tonya Harding was given a second chance, I see peeking out from behind the big dark cloud a tiny ray of sunshine for me – the Olympics are not over until Sunday, they run 16 days NOT the 14 days I had thought!

I’ve picked myself up off the ice, replaced my laces, whined enough to get back into the competition and am ready to move on. A sleeve is complete and another on the needles.

This Olympic knitter is back on track, no longer in last place but moving up in the long line of competitors - toward the GOLD!

Comments

  1. Fear not! You still have the weekend to work on your knitting! I hope you're able to come back from your first attempt and win a gold medal! (unlike Tonya Harding)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment