Skip to main content

Earthquakes Intensify…

If you are a science buff or live around Yellowstone Park, you know that there is an emerging volcano and hundreds of earthquakes have occurred in the past few weeks.

Yesterday when I got home from work I was greeted with a picture that my mom had painted on the bedroom floor. The self proclaimed Cat Whisperer, aka: Hubby, had been home all day, so I figured he had a good reason for taking things off the wall. While cooking dinner, he asked me if I had noticed the fallen picture and then told me he’d been reading in the living room when he heard a horrible crash in our bedroom. Abbie came tearing out of the bedroom “scared because of all the noise”. When he went to see what had happened he saw that the picture had fallen and taken the hurricane lamp and several other pieces of glass to the ground. He was sure that it hadn’t been Abbie jumping up on the desk but the nail falling out of the wall because of my poor job hanging the picture.
Last night, in the middle of the night, there was again a monstrous crash, this time in the living room. Hubby slept through it and I lay in bed listening to see if there was any other noise indicating an intruder. Nothing…so I drifted back to sleep and got up at my usual time to a normal start of the day, get clothes out of the closet, turn on curling iron, take a shower, get dressed, put on make up, blow dry hair, curl it, and go into the kitchen to make coffee. As I was turning into the kitchen, there in front of me was the broken lamp from on top of “The Antique”, and the poinsettia on the floor!

A long time ago my VBF asked how I disciplined the kitties. I responded by saying that they needed no discipline. If they got on the kitchen counter that would be a different story but anything else was fair game. It was their house, too.  And since our kitties respected the kitchen – they were “purrfect”.

These last few weeks the earthquakes had only been felt at Yellowstone Park but the last 24 hours at our house has shown that the tremors are getting stronger. Beware!!

Comments