Skip to main content

My first finished project of 2010!

I stumbled upon this purse on ravelry and fell in love with it. The pattern was hard to track down but worth the effort. Even though it took 4 skeins of yarn, approximately the same amount as a size 5 child's sweater, it was a quick knit. The purse was approximately 36 inches tall and about the size of Santa'a sack before felting it!


Turning a sow's ear into a silk purse!


 There was a big learning curve as far as the lining was concerned.  It didn't turn out the way I had envisioned, I had wanted to have a zip down the center, but I soon figured out that it was not to be. The sides were just to flexible and I needed to provide some "give", I cut the lining down the center of the sides and added about 4 inches of gathered lining to each end. Perfect! It has three pockets on one side for sunglasses, my camera, and the last for the cell phone. I also added a strap at the side to attach my set of keys.

Pattern:
Felted Purse with Celtic Know by Debbie Barisa

Yarn:
Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted
1 skein
Colorway:
Black

Cascade 220 Tweed
3 skeins
Colorway:
Brown/Black

Comments