Skip to main content

Blue II

I have knit the grandchildren many things, but this blanket is "The Tiger's" favorite. It is a copy of a baby blanket my son-in-law had as a baby knit by "Aunt Polly". She was a little old English lady and a dear friend of his family.

I spent several years looking for the pattern. It is a circular blanket with lots of yarn overs. Finally, I had to just sit with the old baby blanket in front of me and knit it stitch for stitch.

All the kiddos liked the blanket but only "The Tiger" LOVES IT! This is his second Blue, and his mother has told him to take care of it, because it's the last Blue he'll ever have....well Tiger, just talk to "She Gramma", she'd do anything for you.
Thanksgiving 2009

Comments

  1. You better be careful what you wish for "She Gramma". The little boy had a huge hole in Blue that I had to patch up on Sunday--I think it got caught on something, not caused by picking and pulling. He was sure sad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment