Skip to main content

The merits of teaching!

Yesterday, my third graders had a group of student nurses come into the classroom and talk to them about the benefits of proper tooth brushing. GREAT timing, as it was the week after Halloween. The students did an outstanding job and the kiddos were very well behaved.

As the nursing students were preparing to leave one of the young ladies came over and said. " I was in your second grade class in Shepard." WOW, a blast from the past! Emily Barnes was a student in the first class that I ever taught! I was so tickled that I introduced her to my class and explained exactly who she was - then another little nursing student, Aimee Percell, came over and said that she had been in one of my sixth grade math classes.
Now this makes teaching rewarding!

Comments