Skip to main content

Beauty in all things.

“’If I should die,” said I to myself, ‘I have left no immortal work behind me – nothing to make my friends proud of my memory – but I have lov’d the principle of beauty in all things, and if I had had time I would have made myself remember’d’” – John Keats

Every morning I wake up and look over at a favorite painting that my mother did years ago, before arthritis took control of her hands. I love this painting with its calming powers over me but also because my mother painted it. I think she had a real talent and Mom had wished that she had started painting earlier in her life – I do too. I will remember her always for many reasons, not for just how much she loved and accepted us, or for the fact that she saw beauty and goodness in everyone and everything around her.I don’t paint, nor do I pretend to have any artistic talent. But the Yarn Harlot recently wrote in her daily calendar that: “Nonknitters can think what they will about the value of knitting on the earth, but know this: No knitter will ever depart the earth without leaving evidence behind.”

Hmmmmm, MY evidence:

Comments