Skip to main content

Homecoming 2009

Hubby and I started out for the Homecoming game on Friday. Weather was bad, roads icy and snowy, so we wanted to take our time, AND by the way, Gamer's closes at 2:00. We needed to make it to Butte in time for a PASTY! Hubby and I had a great lunch and visited with a local historian. I found out that the home we always called "The Castle" was originally the home of William Clarke's son.I also found out that this photo is indeed the famous "Blood Alley" where my brothers got the tar beat out of them on a regular basis. (They always have been lovers not fighters!)
I loved Butte and the time we lived there, but no so the rest of the family! When my father was transferred to Butte, he was told we would live there no more that two years. At the three year mark Mom and Dad became desperate to get out. So much so that Dad's boss called him at home one evening and asked if he wanted a transfer. He hung up the phone and told the family we were moving. They started to dance, I started to cry. Mom asked him where we were going to be moving, and Dad got a shocked look on his face and said he didn't know! (It ended up a great move. We went to Missoula, I met Hubby and many good friends.)

Back on the road......After lunch, and a short car ride, we arrived in Missoula and stopped at the new yarn store, Loopy, (thanks Hubby!). I enjoyed my visit and bought some beautiful sock yarn:
Then on to Rockin' Rudy's! I had tons of fun buying gifts for all sorts of occasions!

The next day was Homecoming, it was so cold that when we were at the parade they gave ME candy because I'm sure they thought that no parent would let their kid out in the cold. It was just like Halloween, tons of candy -the last thing I need! During the 45 minute parade we realized that we needed to make some adjustments in our clothing, Hubby went to Army Navy Surplus and bought a wool scarf and I went to the car and added sweats and nylon pants to my long underwear and jeans. We were good to go, hand warmers in the mittens, toe warmers, hand warmers on the feet and the hip pockets!
Another great Griz game!

I have been forbidden to speak of what occurred next. Let me just say that between Deer Lodge and Anaconda the Hubby lost $20 and the legend continues!

Comments