Skip to main content

Visitors!

Yesterday afternoon we had a visitor at our back door!








And today, we are going to have VIP's visiting - the family from North Dakota will be here soon! I've doing some baking for the Tiger. He LOVES banana bread. I thought I'd share my banana bread recipe, it's the best ever. It originally came from Sunset Magazine via my sister-in-law.

Banana Bread (1 loaf)

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
3 medium-sized bananas
1 cup regular all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup hot water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Melt butter and blend in the sugar. Mix in beaten eggs and mashed bananas, bedig until smooth. Sift all-purpose flour with salt and soda. Stir in whole flour. Add dry ingredients alternately with hot water. Stir in chopped nuts. Turn into greased 9x5" loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes. (I bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.)

Now for a batch or two of cookies!

Comments