Skip to main content

Documented sighting

Every year the family has a contest of sorts, it's called - The First Fawn Sighting. The rules are simple, the first person to see a fawn wins. Kate saw the first fawn out of the county, on the way to Chico Hot Springs last week. (No win - not in the county.) Hubby saw the first fawn in the subdivision, twins in fact. He "says" they were in the road with their mother on the other side of the guardrail. The twins had to run up the street, to the top of the guardrail and back down again to get to their mom. They were to small to jump over. That's pretty small, I'll give him that! (No win - new rule - undocumented.)

BUT I just got up 15 minutes ago and was wandering around the house, looking out windows, making sure I still had flowers, looking to see if the wind had blown anything unusual in - you know doing the early morning security check. And down in the gully I saw a movement, a deer! Now if you have been around deer you know that when they begin having their little ones they just disappear for a couple of weeks so this was a great step toward a fawn sighting and I knew it! Yes, there was something trailing after the doe.......
A doe, twin fawns and a turkey!
Now, I don't have a great camera - I love it, but it's a point and shoot so I must wait about 3 seconds between shots. The next shot was of them leaving. Well, actually the last little one running to catch up with Momma and sister...

And finally, the threesome are ready to get on the other side of the fence and into a wooded area.
(Documented and I win 2009!)

What a great morning! It's going to be a good day!

Comments